Thursday, July 14, 2011

Edmodo

I'm not sure why I haven't looked at "Social Networking for the Classroom" yet but I am very excited about the tools under that tab! My students are facebook addicts and Edmodo looks a lot like facebook, but the links are applicable to school. I think that it is important to make students feel comfortable with the resources teachers use in the classroom, so my hope would be that students would sign on to Edmodo like they do on facebook. Though I haven't found it yet, I am hoping there is a chat feature on Edmodo as well, the only concern would be to keep the chat to homework topics. I like how teachers can post a "poll" question for students to answer, because sometimes when I ask questions in class when I want an opinion from every student, some do not want to raise their hand so they do not participate. Having assignments and due dates accessible from home is useful as well. Hopefully other ninth grade science teachers could have an account as well so that we can connect on this site, rather than email.
I am still working on creating my profile, but here is the link: http://www.edmodo.com/msvandyke

No comments:

Post a Comment