Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Introduction

This blog has been created for the course: Web Tools for Science Teachers.

I currently teach Earth Science and Astronomy in Bristol, Vermont (though the last day of school is tomorrow and I will be relocating to Colorado). I began this year as a student teacher and moved into a long-term substitute position for the spring. Last year, I taught at an international school in Chengdu, China and decided to get my public school teaching license this year. I am not sure how many other people in the course are new teachers, but I am definitely looking forward to learning from everyone enrolled in the course. I am especially excited to learn how to incorporate Web 2.0 tools into my classroom. This year, I communicated with some of my students through e-mail, but a few of my students do not have internet at home. For this reason, all use of web-based technology was strictly during class periods so as not to put those without internet at home at a disadvantage. Even though students are living in an age of technology, some families still cannot afford to have a computer with internet in their home, which can be restricting for students and teachers in the area of communication. I feel that it will strengthen my teaching a great amount to become literate in web 2.0 technology, and I hope that I will find effective ways to integrate it into the classroom routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment